Updated: 6.12.2011 - 12:01
Literacy by Design: Benchmark Books + Teacher's Evaluation Guide (Grade 2)
Format / Quality: PDF
Size: 32 MB
The eight Benchmark Books (one fiction and one nonfiction title per book) are informal reading assessments given by classroom teachers to determine a student’s instructional level.
The Evaluation Guide is an easy-to-use guide that outlines the evaluation protocol for each benchmark book and includes:
- Reading accuracy check
- Paper-and-pencil comprehension test
- Phonics or word study and nonfiction feature assessments
- Retelling assessment
- Level G: The Eggs Are Hatching!
- Level H: From Here To There
- Level I: Measure Me!
- Level J: Going for Gold
- Level K: Plants and the Sun
- Level L: Apples Across America
- Level M: Water Rules
- Level N: Museum Adventures